As a man who is a professional at stressing out my choir, I thought I would pass along to you the wisdom I’ve gained from this experience.
Here are 13 ways you can stress out your choir:
- Come to rehearsal unprepared.
- Load their box full of music they won’t use.
- Don’t have a song schedule.
- Never laugh at yourself.
- Allow a negative look to discourage you.
- Don’t stay upbeat.
- Never say “Good Job!”
- Change songs at the last minute.
- Criticize your pianist.
- Never pray with them about their needs.
- Make it all about practicing music with no relaxed moments of fellowship.
- Make it all about fellowship with no concentrated work on music.
- Come to rehearsal stressed about choir rehearsal.
So, along with my choir, I beg you to take some time to do a little planning, consider your choir member’s desires and capabilities, and stay calm yourself.
Help me out! What are some other ways you can stress out your choir?